Effective Date: August 31, 2020
Information We Collect
When you visit the Website, we collect certain information about you. In the past 12 months we may have collected:
- Device Information: When you visit our Website or interact with our Social Media Pages or online ads, we learn about your web browser, IP address, time zone, click history, and other technical information about your device. Additionally, as you browse the Website, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Website, and information about how you interact with the Website.
- Call records or email records: If you call or email our customer service agents, we may keep records of those conversations.
- Website Interactions: Information about your interactions with our Website including pages visited, links clicked, and buttons clicked may be collected. This information could include personal information, depending on what information you provide.
- Submitted Content: We collect any content you submit to our Website, Social Media Pages, or to us in person including photos, videos, or reviews.
How Your Information Is Collected
We may collect the information described above directly from you, from third parties we partner with, or through cookies or other automated means. These sources may include:
- You: We collect information directly from you, whenever you: visit our Website; contact us with questions or comments; upload content to our Social Media Pages; enter our contests or sweepstakes or contests or sweepstakes we are affiliated with; respond to surveys; or fill out any forms on our Website or Social Media Pages.
- Your Device or Browser: Certain information is automatically collected from your device or browser and analyzed when you visit our Website, interact with our Social Media Pages or online advertising.
- Third Parties: We work with third parties who provide services to us, like analytics or advertising companies. These third parties share information they have collected with us. Your information may also be collected and processed by third parties, who will process your information independently in accordance with their own privacy notices.
- Social Media Platforms: Social media platforms share information, which is typically aggregated and doesn’t include personal data, with us. You can learn more about how social media platforms collect and use your information by reviewing their privacy policies and settings.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect for the following business purposes:
- Advertising: Presenting advertising online, or other communication channels, including through partnerships with social media platforms and internet search engines.
- Communications: Communicating with you, including responding to your requests and asking for feedback through surveys or reviews.
- Understanding our customers: Analyzing your activity with us (including your interactions with our Website, Social Media Pages, or other forms of communications, analyzing trends and statistics). We keep track of the pages you visit and the manner in which you use the Website to determine whether to make changes to the Website.
- Customer Experience: Serving content on our Website and Social Media Pages and developing our products and services, including improving the functionality of our Website.
- Security: Protecting us and our customers from fraud, security threats, and other illegal or harmful activity. We and our third party service providers may disclose specific individual information if we or they reasonably believe it is necessary to: (i) investigate any suspected misuse of our Website; (ii) protect or defend our rights, property and interests, or that of our customers, or the interests of our third party service providers; or (iii) under exigent circumstances, to protect the personal safety of users of the Website or the public.
- Legal Obligations: Complying with legal and regulatory requirements and responding to requests from courts or other government bodies.
Please note: we do not sell the information we collect from you.
How We Share Information with Service Providers and Third Parties and For What Purposes
We may share personal information with third parties for certain purposes. For example, we share personal information with:
- Service Providers: We partner with third parties to assist with many aspects of our business, including advertising, analyzing your interests and activity on our Website and Social Media Pages, and helping us communicate with our customers. These third parties may provide services related to any of the purposes described in How We Use Your Information, and we may share with them any types of information described in Information We Collect. Your information may also be collected and processed by third parties. These third parties will process your information independently in accordance with their own privacy notices.
- Marketing Providers: We partner with third parties to assist with the advertising and marketing of our business. We may share with them the types of information described in How We Use Your Information.
- Other Third Parties: We will disclose information about you, including to government bodies or law enforcement agencies, when we believe it to be necessary for compliance with the law or to protect the users of our Website, our Website, or the public.
Your Privacy Choices
- Online Advertising: For information about opting out of third party advertising, visit: NAI Opt-Out or DAA. You will leave this Website for a separately managed online site where you can specify your preferences. You can also click on the icon that may appear on some of our advertising served through this technology. For additional information on Google’s settings, please visit https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous.
If you are a California resident, you can learn more about your privacy rights and choices below.
We do not knowingly or purposefully request or collect personal information from any person under the age of 16 years old. If you believe that your child under the age of 16 has submitted personal information in connection with our Website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Other Websites
This Website may, from time to time, contain links to websites owned and operated by third parties (“Third Party Sites”). We encourage you to review the privacy policies of such Third Party Sites so that you understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or other content on Third Party Sites.
For more information about our privacy practices or if you have questions, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
California Privacy Rights
Residents of the State of California have rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act relevant to your Personal Information (as defined under the CCPA). If your Personal Information is subject to the CCPA, you may have certain privacy rights with regard to that information. You may have the right to:
- Request that we provide you access to the following no more than twice in a 12-month period:
- the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or sharing your Personal Information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share your Personal Information; and
- the categories of Personal Information that are sold (as defined under the CCPA) and the categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold; and
- Request that we delete your Personal Information, subject to exceptions under the CCPA or other applicable law.
California residents also have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of any of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA, as described in this section. We will not discriminate against you because you have exercised any of your rights under the CCPA.
How to Submit a Request
If you wish to exercise your right to request access to your Personal Information or to request deletion of your Personal Information, please submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-855-726-1856.
We are required to provide you with access to your Personal Information or delete your Personal Information only in response to a verifiable consumer request. We will compare the information you provide in your email or via the toll-free number, to any information we may have in our possession in order to verify your request. We may also contact you to request additional information in relation to your request. The information you provide must match the information we have in our possession. This measure is in place to help ensure that Personal Information is not disclosed to any person who does not have the right to receive it. The information collected through this process will be used for verification purposes only.
Please note that you may authorize an agent to exercise any of these rights on your behalf. If you use an agent, we will take measures to verify your agent’s authorization similar to the verification described above for fulfilling any access or deletion requests. We may require more information to ensure proper verification of your agent’s identity and authorization.
Categories of Personal Information Sold
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for a Business Purpose
We share personal information about you with service providers and third parties for business purposes, such as operational purposes and other purposes related to providing you with the products and services you seek from us. For more information about the business purposes for which we disclose personal information, please see How We Share Information with Service Providers and Third Parties and For What Purposes, above, and please see Information We Collect, above, for what types of information may be shared.